For interview requests, please call 828-262-1500, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest releases from Appalachian Voices
- 09/14/2023 — Appalachian Voices releases white paper and upcoming webinar on reforesting mine lands with the carbon offset market
- 09/12/2023 — 5,200+ comments from across the country support strengthening silica dust rule as comment period concludes
- 09/05/2023 — Environment at Risk art exhibition opens September 14 in Glen Allen, Va.
- 08/28/2023 — Community members, conservation groups condemn TVA’s fossil fuel-driven rate hike
- 08/25/2023 — Advocates in coal communities urge Congress to prevent “enormous step backwards” by rejecting harmful appropriations bills
- 08/23/2023 — Joint statement: Bargaining progressing at Appalachian Voices
- 08/21/2023 — Environmental groups sue to keep Virginia in regional climate program
- 08/21/2023 — Conservation groups ask federal court of appeals to review key Cumberland Pipeline permit
- 08/11/2023 — Federal court dismisses challenges to Mountain Valley Pipeline
- 08/10/2023 — Miners, advocates speak out during silica rule hearing
- 08/02/2023 — Upcoming public hearings should highlight weaknesses of new silica rule proposal
- 07/31/2023 — Environmental groups file notice of appeal as fight to keep Virginia in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative continues
- 07/26/2023 — Statement from Rural Power Coalition regarding pending FY 2024 agricultural and rural development appropriations bill.
- 07/25/2023 — Lawmakers, groups demand FERC deny Mountain Valley Pipeline Southgate’s extension request
- 07/25/2023 — Environmental justice council recommends strict soot and ozone standards