In July, 1997 — a group of forward-thinking individuals turned the budding The Appalachian Voice newspaper into an organization dedicated to protecting our region’s communities and natural heritage from extractive industry. Their initiative and the hard work they set in motion would lead to the formidable force for change that Appalachian Voices is today.
- Holding Coal Companies Accountable
- Clean Energy and Economic Opportunity
- Appalachia Under Threat: Mountain Valley Pipeline
- Standing with Tennesseans to Fight Pipelines
- Leveraging Federal Victories: Deploying wins in Appalachia