Interns are a crucial part of our work protecting the Appalachian region. Our interns are provided with a thorough and rewarding hands-on experience of working in the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit campaign.
Internships can be completed for academic credit through an approved school program, or for extra work experience outside of an academic setting. There is no stipend provided for internships, however Appalachian Voices will reimburse pre-approved expenses associated with the internship, such as travel. At the completion of the internship, the intern will receive a complimentary one-year membership to Appalachian Voices, and letters of recommendation will be available upon request.
Below is a list of our current internships with links to full position descriptions. We also welcome suggestions for other internships that might fit our current needs and work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Summer 2020 internships listed below will be offered remotely.
Campaign and Program internships
- Editorial Assistant Filled for summer 2020
- Outreach Assistant
- Data Research Assistant Filled for summer 2020
- Digital Communications Assistant Filled for summer 2020
- Media/Communications Assistant Filled for summer 2020
Graphics / IT internships
- Graphic Design Assistant Filled for summer 2020
- Web Design Assistant Filled for summer 2020
- Web Developer/IT Assistant Filled for summer 2020
A Voice intern at work on deadline