Interns are a crucial part of our work protecting the Appalachian region. Our interns are provided with a thorough and rewarding hands-on experience of working in the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit campaign.
Internships can be completed for academic credit through an approved school program, or for extra work experience outside of an academic setting. There is no stipend provided for internships, however Appalachian Voices will reimburse pre-approved expenses associated with the internship, such as travel. At the completion of the internship, the intern will receive a complimentary one-year membership to Appalachian Voices, and letters of recommendation will be available upon request.
Below is a list of our current internships with links to full position descriptions. We also welcome suggestions for other internships that might fit our current needs and work. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Campaign and Program internships
- North Carolina Pipelines Assistant (Boone, N.C. office)
- Economic Diversification Assistant (Norton, Va. office)
- Virginia Grassroots Organizing Assistant (Charlottesville, Va. or optional remote internship)
- Tennessee Grassroots Organizing Assistant
- Tennessee Outreach & Communications Assistant (Knoxville, Tenn. office)
- Editorial Assistant (Boone, N.C.)
- Marketing Outreach Assistant (Boone, N.C.)
- Graphic Design Assistant (Boone, N.C.)
- Digital Communications Assistant (Charlottesville, Va.)
- Media/Communications Assistant (Charlottesville, Va.)