SPECIAL NOTE: This position will work remotely for Summer 2020.
The Web Developer/IT Assistant will work closely with the Senior Communications Coordinator and the IT Specialist in our Boone, N.C., office to develop new web-based applications for AppalachianVoices.org and iLoveMountains.org, as well as potential work with Google APIs and geo-mapping to build maps for various projects.
- Basic competence with web programming languages such as HTML, PHP and MySQL
- Academic experience in at least 1 web development class or related personal experience
- Excellent research, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a fast-paced office
- Detail oriented
- Commitment to environmental issues in Appalachian Region
- Perform duties with minimal supervision