The Graphic Design Assistant will work with the Communications Coordinator to help create graphics content for both print and web. Interns typically take with them several portfolio-quality pieces by the end of their internship. SPECIAL NOTE: This position will work remotely for Summer 2020.
Responsibilities may include:
- Helping to design and produce relevant promotional materials for the organization, including brochures, handouts, tshirts, signs, or other needs;
- Helping to produce our bi-monthly newspaper, The Appalachian Voice, including page layout, ad design, graphic creation for special spreads, image color correction and CMYK preparation for print;
- Assisting with creating graphics for the various organizational websites as needed.
- Proficiency in the Adobe trio (Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator); other Adobe products a plus;
- Knowledge of basic color printing principles and preparing files for press;
- Experience with web design a plus;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a fast-paced office;
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision;
- A well-developed sense of humor.