The Graphic Design Assistant will work with members of the communications team to help create graphics content for both print and web. Interns have a wide variety of projects using the full suite of tools available and typically take with them several portfolio-quality pieces by the end of their internship.
Responsibilities may include:
- Helping to design and produce relevant promotional materials for the organization, including handouts, tshirts, signs, or other needs;
- Assisting with graphics and design needs on our various organizational websites
- Proficiency in the Adobe trio (Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator); other products a plus;
- Knowledge of basic color printing principles and preparing files for press;
- Experience with web design a plus;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a fast-paced office;
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision;
- A well-developed sense of humor.