Appalachian Voices is looking for a qualified intern to join our fun and hard-working Advancement Team. The Advancement Assistant will work directly under the Membership and Advancement Associate in our Charlottesville, VA office, and will assist team members on a variety of projects, including foundations/grants and major gifts.
This position is a great opportunity for college students or recent graduates who are interested in starting a career in nonprofit fundraising. As the Advancement Assistant, you will gain important nonprofit-sector skills such as experience in Salesforce and other donor management software, effective communication with donors, research, and how to apply for grants.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with online outreach, awareness, and fundraising activities on social media
• Staffing and/or coordinating volunteers for festivals and tabling events
• Aiding donor communications, including appeals, web content, and thank you
• Assisting with donor and prospect research
• Excellent research, writing, communication, and organizational skills
• Experience in marketing and communications on social media
• Knowledge or willingness to learn about environmental issues in Appalachia
• Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
We are looking for a well-rounded individual who is able to work on his/her own with remote supervision while also being a strong team player. If you believe that you have the skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.