~ May 2016 ~
Energy efficiency webinar on economic development
Join us on May 3 as we host the webinar, “Leveraging Energy Savings: On-bill Financing as an Economic Opportunity in the Southeast.” Rory McIlmoil, our energy policy director, will be discussing how energy efficiency programs could lead to valuable job growth in the area.
[ Learn more and register to attend ]
French Broad EMC annual meeting
The French Broad Electric Membership Corporation's 2016 annual meeting will be this Saturday, May 7. The Energy Savings for Appalachia team will be tabling at the event. We will have activities for kids as well as informative energy efficiency materials. [ RSVP and let us know if you can make it and don’t forget to stop by and say hello! ]
Free workshop in Tazewell, Tenn.
Join us next Tuesday for a free energy savings workshop. Refreshments and children’s activities provided! We will have kits and information to:
- Keep more money in your pocket and help you save on your electric bill
- Reduce your emissions from energy use
- Find assistance paying your energy bills
- Learn about energy saving programs available in the state
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 5:30pm
Claiborne County Family Resource Center, 910 Alpha Drive, New Tazewell, TN 37825
[ Learn more ]
On bill financing in the news
The news is out about Blue Ridge Electric’s new Energy SAVER Loan Program. We are looking forward to working with Blue Ridge Electric as their program grows in size and expands in accessibility.
[ Read our response in an excellent article by the Watauga Democrat ]
Spreading our wings in the Appalachian region
The Energy Savings for Appalachia campaign is expanding its coverage in North Carolina. [ Read about how we are working with Blue Ridge Electric’s neighbors: French Broad EMC and Surry-Yadkin EMC. ]
Tips and Resources
Monthly Energy Savings Tip:
Cleaning for Efficiency
When our appliances are caked with dust, they have to work harder to do the same job. Cleaning your exhaust fans in your bathroom and your stove hood can help them run more efficiently. Check the intake vents on your dryer and refrigerator and clear them of dust buildup. Call and make an appointment with your local HVAC specialist to have your system serviced. Having debris and dust buildup can reduce the life of your system.
[ Watch this informative video on how to clean your bathroom exhaust fan ]
Do you have an energy savings tip to share? Please email email@example.com to submit your tip!
- Forward this email to 5 friends
- Take Action: Sign a letter to your cooperative supporting energy efficiency
- Live in western N.C.? Host a free energy efficiency workshop at your church or local community group -- contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up!
- Send a letter to your local newspapers expressing your support for home energy efficiency. Contact email@example.com to get some tips.
- Have you already made significant energy efficiency improvements? Share your story to help others see how they can experience the same benefits of comfort and lower energy bills. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how.