Digital Campaign Coordinator
Posted on August 11, 2021
Appalachian Voices is currently hiring for a Digital Campaign Coordinator who will play a critical role in supporting outreach and power building initiatives for our Energy Democracy program and our campaign to prevent construction of new fracked-gas infrastructure in Appalachia and the Southeast. This position can be based in our Boone, Durham, Norton, or Charlottesville offices, and remote candidates will also be considered.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Programs, the Digital Campaign Coordinator will play a key role in an integrated grassroots organizing, policy advocacy, strategic communications, and movement-building effort aimed at accelerating the clean energy transition in Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, and the broader South in a manner that centers on-the-ground community leadership, environmental justice, and democratic control of energy systems. They will develop innovative ways to grow our list of online supporters and increase their level of engagement over time, as well as to effectively amplify supporter voices to influence decision-makers at the local, state, and federal levels.
Successful applicants will possess a strong desire to develop their social-impact career by bringing people together with purpose. They will demonstrate their commitments to clean energy and environmental and racial justice and will use equitable and inclusive practices in their work to promote democratic decision-making at the grassroots level.
We understand people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the primary roles and responsibilities below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Movement-building around Appalachian Voice’s objectives of advancing energy democracy and preventing new investments in fossil fuels and proactively seeking to grow and engage our base of supporters
- Lead and implement social media strategy for several of Appalachian Voices’ programs, including distribution of content on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social networks on AV and subsidiary channels
- Monitor and guide program staff to develop high quality content for distribution on our digital channels
- Craft and manage campaign communications plans and calendars for campaign-related initiatives, events, and roll-outs
- Implement an experimentation framework and develop data-driven insights to optimize content delivery that drives engagement across all media environments
- Connect with like-minded activists and build collaboration with other issue campaigns and other movements
- Participate in weekly and biweekly meetings of the Energy Democracy team
- Closely coordinate with AV’s communications team on calendaring, supporter engagement, and communications channel strategies. Be an evangelist and thought leader for social media across the organization. Stay on top of the latest trends and best practices. Identify new social channels and create processes for where, when, and how content can be distributed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Minimum 3 years experience developing, executing, and measuring issue-based communications campaigns
- Experience working in a multi-channel environment (i.e., social media, storytelling, website, advertising, email marketing, public relations, video)
- Excellent social media, web-based content, and management skills including experience creating engaging content using a variety of channels such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Proficiency in understanding and interpreting digital analytics to inform action
- Outstanding written and verbal communications with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate directly, provide feedback, exhibit empathy, and build consensus
- A belief in the power of equity, diversity, and inclusion and its importance to the strength and success of campaigns for clean energy
We are accepting applications from people with a range of experience levels and salary requirements. Salary will be commensurate with the experience of our selected candidate (we anticipate in the range of $45,000 to $60,000 per year).
Appalachian Voices offers competitive compensation and benefits that include employer-paid health care, vision, and dental policies with options to include family members at a reduced cost, plus short- and long-term disability plans, generous paid vacation and parental leave, options for flexible working hours, and an employer-matched retirement plan.
This position has a full-time 40-hour work week and is a one year position with the potential to renew depending on funding.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. Interviews may start in early September and the anticipated employment date is no later than November, 2021.
Please send your resume and a cover letter that highlights your skills and experience transferable to this position to email@example.com with “Digital Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line. Recommendation letters will also be gladly accepted. Questions about the position and Appalachian Voices are welcomed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.