The Graphic Design Assistant will work with the Communications Coordinator in our Boone, N.C., office to help create graphics content for both print and web. Interns typically take with them several portfolio-quality pieces by the end of their internship.
Responsibilities may include:
- Helping to design and produce relevant promotional materials for the organization, including brochures, handouts, tshirts, signs, or other needs;
- Helping to produce our bi-monthly newspaper, The Appalachian Voice, including page layout, ad design, graphic creation for special spreads, image color correction and CMYK preparation for print;
- Assisting with creating graphics for the various organizational websites as needed.
- Proficiency in the Adobe trio (Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator); other Adobe products a plus;
- Knowledge of basic color printing principles and preparing files for press;
- Experience with web design a plus;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a fast-paced office;
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision;
- A well-developed sense of humor.